Adidas has finally decided to officially unveil the next upcoming colorways of the Pharrell x adidas NMD Human Race that will be hitting retailers later this week.
The Hu collection of apparel and shoes explores humanity and celebrates cultural diversity around the world. Hu represents Pharrell’s vision of connecting people through love, passion, energy, and color. The Hu collection campaign shines a spotlight on stories of humanity and culture around the world. Throughout the seasons and for future campaigns, Pharrell and adidas will look to feature various stories that celebrate the human race. In this first season, the Hu Collection features the MHA Nation in North Dakota where Pharrell was invited into their community to share their story of compassion, culture and traditions. The campaign includes a short documentary, mixed layouts & still images.
Here are some details regarding Pharrell’s Hu Collection:
- The Hu collection explores humanity and celebrates cultural diversity around the world.
- Hu represents Pharrell’s vision of connecting people through love, passion, energy and color.
- Hu is short for human – human being, human race, human kind – but it’s also a reference to color, as in hue
- Pharrell’s take on this: “As human beings, we all have a color. We all look different and speak different languages, but we’re all the same.”
- The Hu collection celebrates a spirit of equality, acceptance, co-existence and understanding.
Five different colorways will be releasing on September 29th, all with a different theme.
1/ scarlet ‘Hu / RACE’,
2/ black ‘HUMAN / SPECIES’
3/ sharp blue ‘HUMAN / BEING’
4/ green ‘Hu / Hu’
5/ tangerine ‘HUE / MAN’
Each pair comes with a two-piece upper with bold printed kaji graphics on top, a curved collar and a combination lace system-stabilizer cage. Other details include a Primeknit upper and a reflexology-inspired insole.
Look for all five colorways at select adidas Originals retailers on September 29th with each pair retailing for $240.
I liked the debut yellow/black colorway, but just like that pair, I don’t like the $240 price tag on these. The only colorway I like from these new options is the red pair.